What restrictions are there on the domain name I can choose to register?
| Domain Names have a variety of basic rules, in general domains must:
- Use only letters, numbers, or hyphen ("-").
- Cannot begin or end with a hyphen.
- .com, .net, .org and .info domain names cannot exceed 67 characters total.
- .info and .biz must have at least 3 characters not including .info or .biz.
- Other domain names cannot exceed 22 characters, not including the extension.
- Domain names are not case sensitive.
- Domain names cannot include spaces.
- 2 letter domains are not permitted.
Strictly speaking domain shouldn't begin with a number either, however in practice it is possible in most circumstances.
Add to Favourites
Print this Article
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution